Thursday, March 22, 2012

Carrots Are Golden...

Hahahaha...I made that all up on my own..is it tremendously obvious????  Surely it is...and, again...I do realize it is only I whom finds myself to be remotely funny...not to mention...much like Au...I am a dense, soft, shiny, malleable and ductile metal...but only in my free time..a transition metal, in fact...we dissolve in mercury and in the presence of super-hot racecar drivers with killer accents...it's totally on The Google...look for yourself...I make for a great conductor, as well...shhhhhhh...enough with the gold jokes...they were old about ten minutes ago..but I want one of those hats..

"Oh, Mama...I'm loving this...and you're about as stable as an isotope...hahahahaha..." 
She is ruining my comforter with her bone bits, BTW.....

However she was bound and determined to have her way with that bone...isn't she the cutest thing ever?????

Oh, so getting back to things...cooking and such..it is snowing here...yup...terribly irritating...if you ask me..again..don't wear flip flops in the snow...yikes!  I was THISCLOSE to breaking a hip..and at my age...well, I really can't take any chances..well perhaps that super-cute race car driver could just carry me home..I'm rather certain, even if my leg were to be twisted into a pretzel there would be no complaints...as long as he said the word 'garage' all night...ahhhhh...I shall stop...the plating of the meal did not quite turn out..however the food itself was rather delish and we had beautiful carrots...can I get a little finger clap for Zupans..and their carrots...they were absolutely gorgeous..My original intention was to have steak au poivre with a gorgonzola souffle and carrots...the whole au poivre part didn't really work..c'est la vie I suppose...

Souffle components:  Cream, Eggs, Flour, Cheese and Cream of Tartar..again...yay for Zupans...

No anxiety was experienced during this separation...I may have shed a few tears and thrown a tantrum or two...but it was totally un-egg related...it was music related...and thanks to my man-hands...I can do this...

Continuing on with the souffle...we start with a roux...equal parts flour and butter...this is where things get rather whisky..again, the pun....yeah, it was intended..sorry...I tried..

Proceed to add half a cup of cream....again...continue to whisk...

Add gorgonzola..this was not captured via ghetto-cam...I am rather certain you'll thank me later...but once the cheese has melted and things have cooled slightly...add two egg yolks...

Allow the previously mentioned concoction to chillax while you whip two egg whites and a pinch of cream of tartar...

"Oh, Mama...I'll pray for you...AND I am eternally grateful you have that spectacular photo of Puck hanging on the fridge...he's totes drool-worthy...just sayin'...."

Our beautiful carrots...THE star of the show..Aren't they gorgeous?????

The gorgonzola souffles...rather tasty...in addition to being rather difficult to photograph...they deflate so quickly...like tires and egos..it is quite unfortunate...

We only ate one souffle..

So I did proceed to sear a steak...Chuck Woolery style, of course..of the road variety..not the oval variety...hahahahaha...bad joke..there was no hard chicane at the end of the front straight...FYI...
This meal did not plate well..not at all..it tasted a whole lot better than it looked..I probably shouldn't even have posted a photo...because the souffle looked much better in the ramekin..the steak looked better in the pan and the carrots, well...they're just beautiful..again, I'll just stop...One should probably quit while they are ahead, no????

Snow..snow..please go away..It is cold and wet and I have my suspicions that it will never get nice..I've always been a sorta pessimistic kinda gal...it's in my nature...have you noticed...we didn't really listen to any music tonight...I KNOW...We did take a trip into the big city today...we had our luncheon..and I didn't even get lost!  It's not supposed to be easy...later gators...perhaps tomorrow I can cook something that is not a visual failure...fingers and toes crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment