Monday, December 19, 2011

Blood, Sex and Booze...

Hahahahaha...Talk about an attention grabbing title...well, those on the west side roll no other way...can I get a tee, perhaps a hee..it is so unfair...these handcuffs are too tight...nah, I'm totally making all of this up...If I promise to go to church on Sunday...will you forgive me...ahhhh...I'm stuck in this Warning phase...I totally blame Lightning Man..and I feel like such a Castaway...alright...alright...I promise to stop!  One would not want to become a Fashion Victim..sorry...couldn't resist...lame, I know...but we can be lame as well on the west side..shhhhhhh..those east-siders find out and it is ALL over...however this IS a total hoot...but I shall add this disclaimer to tonight's blog...nothing in the aforementioned title was involved with our meal...well maybe ONE component..but just one...so, mathematically speaking, the odds are in your favor...who doesn't enjoy math!!??...tisk-tisk....

"Oh..Mama...is that how you really are going to begin our evening...I am so totally moving in with Chuck..you are a natural disaster...Now can ya help a gal out and clean off this mustard from the side of my face..it kinda, sorta itches and such..."

We were totally and absolutely wound up tonight, and we didn't really have any new toys...well, one...but I didn't have time for the proper attention, so it will simply have to wait for tomorrow..sooooo tonight we're all about cooking..yeah..sorry..please don't cry...today was SPECTACULAR!!  Zero complaints..Well, I have one... a neighbor was cooking, what I believe to be a tire and a ten year old dead possum...at least that is what it smelled like...so I almost didn't want to eat because that ludicrous stench invaded my apartment.  And, BTW there are not enough scented candles in the state of Oregon to mask that stench..but...I powered it out, so to speak...with the help of Puck, no doubt...I am sooo inclined to be his sweet Caroline...for a plethora of reasons..we shall move along..

"Oh yeah, Mama...it STINKS in here...and that smell is way worse than those stupid boots....I thought you were getting rid of those..can we move???  Are people allowed to cook such things????  My eyes burn..When is our lease up???  I can't tolerate much more of this, just sayin'..IMHO"

Her sass is never-ending...Aside from the aromas outside of my apartment, we did cook..and using the term aroma is rather generous considering, for the record., there was nothing aromatic in the hall of Headwaters Apartments on a Sunday night..if I am so inclined to say...moving along...we had...cod!  There is nothing odd with a little cod..I may be odd, but that goes without saying...Must be all that BSB..I made that up...totally...hahahahahhahaha...I jest!!!   Mustard Glazed Cod with Fingerlings....topped with olives and chive puree..Yup...Let's get this show on the road, folks..it's late...I don't have a date...but it IS late....tisk-tisk..

Cod, Fingerling Potatoes, Spinach, Chives, Olive Oil, Mustard, Green Olives

Slice your fingers..oops..I mean fingerlings into coins...sorry..yeah..I am SO lame..but I think that's why they're called fingerlings..they look like fingers, no??  But I didn't even slice a finger..however I did manage to slice the potatoes into coins...where were we...Ugh..and oh, boy!  I almost held it together for a few moments...almost..tee-hee...

Mix your coins with olive oil, sea salt an pepper...It is right...and legal..and eventually will be a great idea...5...6...7...

Roasted in an oven...350 for 30 minutes...they were SO delicious I almost ate all of them prior to plating..but I have restraint....I truly do...

Before we become all focused on the starch of our evening...we need to address the chive puree..yeah...it's not quite as rock-star as a potato, but deserves attention none-the-less...

Steam some chives and spinach...I realize at this point it sounds ICK..eventually, you'll see...patience is virtue, is it not...????  Oh...and while this takes place...some bootie shaking should occur...it's unconstitutional not to do so...you've been warned...my public service announcement for the evening...it is only a test....

Add your steamed chives and spinach with some olive oil and sea salt in Bob...Blend away..It IS Sunday night...partying like a rock-star on the west side...that's just what is done...settle for nothing less...I beg to differ on the contrary...tisk-tisk...

I have no belief..but I believe that one should make this puree...stay tuned..the best is yet to come..but, um..yeah...I am rather certain you are  trying to figure out how it could possibly get any worse....well I DO have, ah...but..hahahahahahahaha..I AM kidding!!  I woudn't subject you to additional torture...you've been through enough...The Chive Puree...

"Again, Mama...you do talk way too much...you never shut up...you don't cooperate...you're a natural disaster...and I am SO hungry...I wish you could focus...don't they have medication for ADD??

Mustard Glazed Cod with fingerlings and chive puree.  Topped with chopped olives (none of my olive preparation photos turned out, much to my chagrin..I tried..they are on the cutting room floor, with Puck..hahahahahahaha)...  I will say this...I was apprehensive about the puree..but combined with the sweetness of the fish, the tangyness of the mustard, the salty olives and the bitter chives..it was an excellent combination...and I am quite certain that was the point of the recipe...the fusion of flavors, so to speak...is that not always the point... The mixture and mingling...Regardless..my point being..alone this stuff would have been horrible..but combined, it was delicious!  But that is merely an observation from someone who typically has bad puns..so...take it for what it is worth...And..I wished the photo were better...I truly do...ugh...

So...um, yeah...it is Sunday night...That's what I've got...I personally had a TERRIFIC Sunday...great conversation can do that to one...especially with a truly amazing and smart and rocking guitar player...who is destined to take over the world, starting with Capitol Hill, ...since I lack the time and energy to do so, although I totally could!  For reals!  I'm the son, daughter,  of rage and love..I don't cooperate..I'm a natural disaster..but that's OK!  In the land of make believe..don't believe in me..Talk about ambiguity!!  Get your fist in the air...Brothers and sisters!!! Everyone is so full of shit...born and raised by hypocrites...dearly beloved..are you listening...I can't remember a word that you were saying..Here we gooooooooooooooo...I don't feel any shame...I won't apologize....Rock on, my friends..Rock on!  And have a great night...I shall return tomorrow!  Yup...

No comments:

Post a Comment