Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cloudy, With A Chance Of Meatballs....

Ahhh...childhood memories..you can't really beat those, no???  Nor the 70's....I so want to move to the town of Chewandswallow...Actually, I think I may run for mayor...I would surely win...OMG...I just fell off of my chair...an acute case of the giggles, no doubt...anyhoo...As is the norm, the book was way better than the movie...although it was a rather great movie..and I probably haven't read that book in about thirty years...so, my observations could absolutely be inaccurate...it is highly probable..however..we could be like the GOP and squabble over it, if you prefer...again, I do have all night...tisk-tisk...but I so want pancakes right now...thank you, Judi Barrett...

"Oh...come on, Mama...We've got a diem to carpe!"

Moooooving along......get it???  Meatballs...beef...alright, I'll stop...Spaghetti with mozzarella stuffed meatballs...yup...it is the weekend, my internet friends...Again, the social calendar was blank, empty one might even say..much like my mind...so..we did it the hard way....The Lone Foodie way...six hours...to prepare something you could totes make in about 15 minutes...but, trust me...my way is MUCH more fun!!  I speak from experience..I do!!  For reals!!

Spaghetti Sauce Components:  Tomatoes, Garlic, Onion. Olive Oil, Sugar, Dried Herbs (marjoram, oregano, sage, parsley, thyme and something else...it was green...is that good enough???)..  Now, I would have used Roma Tomatoes instead of hot house..but I couldn't find them..it's totally The Fred Meyer's fault....But, they were organic..if that's any consolation...not nearly as exciting as a constellation..but..again this is the west side and not an internationally defined area of the celestial sphere...besides..it was such short notice..I don't even have a sweater dress picked out..or boots...what do you expect????

Quarter your tomatoes...aren't they so beautiful???  Now I am positive as an electron..I HATE raw tomatoes...ICK and EW....but once they've been roasted..they are rather tasty...

Slice and dice up some onion and garlic...have no fear...it keeps the vampires away...although, vampires are awfully cute and such...hmmmm...I guess it's a good thing we bought some tic-tacs...yup...

Throw tomatoes, onions and garlic into a large bowl...add olive oil...can you say, "Action Shot!!!!"... speaking of bowls...hmmmm...yeah...Bowling For Soup...OMG...that acoustic stuff...umm and yumm..I was THISCLOSE to not listening..but I just couldn't help myself...SOOO excellent!!  AND I almost forgot absolute zero is cool!!  Like me...hahahahahaha...

Balsamic Vinegar...Chemistry is physics without thought...mathematics is physics without purpose..told ya I was the new Confucius...hahahahahaha..JK...I'm actually the new mayor of Chewandswallow..shhhhhh..that's unconfirmed...But my hand is GINORMOUS...and desparately in need of moisturizer....Yikes!!!

Add your dried herbs...a little sugar..a little salt..

Stir it all up, baby..it's fun...shake things up a bit...and a little bootie...it's Saturday night...don't we all party like rock-stars???

"Mama...you may have seen a meteor shower, but I bet you've never seen a shower 'meatier' than this!"  tisk-tisk....

Place your onions, tomatoes, garlic and herbs tossed in olive oil and balsamic on cookie sheets..roast in the oven two hours...325 degrees... this gives you two whole hours to do really lame crap, which we did...yup...

Here are the roasted tomatoes..straight out of the oven..Oh, and speaking of lame crap..what you really want to do is take this photo, then forget your dishwasher door was open...and proceed to trip backwards over it...I am rather certain some sort of back-flip was involved..however...my memory is a little fuzzy...I blame the head injury I sustained when I bounced off the hall closet door...AND I have a beautiful bruise on my leg...and something may or may not be broken....hard to say...I feel like I've been run over by a truck...I'm imagining that would have been a little more glamorous...

Once you have regained consciousness...puree your tomatoes...in your blender...named Bob..he will be eternally grateful...for reals!!!  Meanwhile listening to 1985..the acoustic version, fo' sho'!!  Now I so want to shake my bootie on the hood of White Snake's car...yup....maybe I should just have another martini..or do another back flip over my dishwasher door...I'm on the fence in regards to this critical decision...hahahahahahaa....

You'll need to strain your puree...it has seeds and such...it sucks...but it does behoove one to not eliminate this process...nope...it's a struggle, laborious...an endeavor..but don't you strive to be the best???  I do! tee-hee....

The transformation of the sauce...an extreme make-over, so to speak...add some tomato paste to your puree...it provides an added something, in addition to color..and I know there's something to describe what it does..but I don't know...just add it...trust me...

While your sauce is cooking down a bit...clean out your fridge...I'm the multi-tasking Queen..oh, and the Homecoming Queen...shhhh...and you can listen to the World Tour 2005...every Saturday Night should be THIS awesome...and, yup...my tree is STILL up...zip it...it's decorated with toys so I may just keep it up all year long...mostly because I'm too lazy and I feel like it...besides, I'll be prepared when we celebrate Christmas in July!!  Always thinking ahead...um, yeah..that's it..

The second half of the blog shall now commence...Meatballs...and their formation..so, this may be the second longest blog in history...and meatballs make me think of Aqua Teen Hunger Force...and Meatwad...The innocent shall suffer - big time...Shut up ya yo-yo's...You think you're gonna live forever, but you won't. Someone'll kill ya..Someone'll kill ya with a knife!  hahahahahahaa....

Meatball Components:  Ground Beef, Egg, Balsamic, Bread Crumbs, Olive Oil, Herbs (not photoed) and mozzarella cubes...

The mozzarella is hiding inside...pretty sneaky, IMHO, of course...

Place your meatballs in a dish..this dish is Princess House...I've had it forever...back when I had a husband and wasn't an Oregonian...somehow it survived the trip out west...although, it was nestled amongst 50 pairs of shoes...maybe that was the trick!  And I did have that many pairs...my sister was SOOOOOOOO mad....BTW

Add your sauce and cheese...bake for approximately 30 minutes...an unconventional method, but highly recommended...it's sooooo tasty this way..it truly is..

"Oh, Mama...You're about to not have a mouth!  And I mean it!!  I'll rip it off!!!  hahahahahaa...I'm hungry!  Let's eat!!!"

Time for pasta!!  I got the pasta with extra gluten..after last night's debacle I wasn't about to take any chances...yup...I think I really like gluten...

Cooked pasta...the highlight of our Saturday Night...see...it was totally worth sticking around just to witness this, was it not????  Destiny is calling me...It was only a kiss....I swear!!

"Remember, Mama..I wasn't born yesterday...I've seen movies..."

Spaghetti with Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs...All good things come to those who wait, no????

Alas, all good things must come to an end, as well...I suppose...hahahahahaha...
Tomorrow we conquer Pickles in Pittsburgh!  We're marching out of time..to the beat of a different drummer, in fact....JIC you hadn't noticed....I've been thinking quite a bit about my new band, The Fennel Fronds..and, um, yeah...I need a bassist and a drummer...and I need someone to play cowbell...that's gonna totes be essential and our claim to fame, no doubt...so if you're interested, inquire within...open up your eager eyes...Mamma Mia...make spaghetti.. I almost had you...But I guess that doesn't cut it......I'm the best person in the whole town!! Well, I am a west-sider..would you expect any less???  G'night...Now I'm destined to spend my time missing you...We shall return....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment