Sunday, January 22, 2012

Get Your Heart On...

Um, yeah...and I'll be perfectly honest with you..words you do NOT say to a Food Blogger...'Oh, you're still blogging...Well, that's nice.  I just don't read it.'  Thanks, Mom..I understand you're too busy..one can only imagine..Anyhoo...We're back again...I apoligize..it was a crazy week and I hope to resume our regular schedule...Again..I'm not bitter...do I appear to be bitter???  That's what I thought!  A total ray of sunshine...glowing, in fact...shhh...don't let those east sider know...

"Oh, Mama...I read the blog..I like it...now, your driving on the other hand...well, um..yeah..it leaves a lot to be desired...FYI, of course...Perhaps if you were to focus when you drove...then, well, um...yeah..."

"Oh, and Mama..BTW...I don't like Lightning Man..nor do I much appreciate that camera...can you get both out of my face, please..I did ask nicely.."

We really should proceed...as this is the THIRD longest blog in all of history..yup...it was Saturday night...again..zero plans + ghetto camera + food + boredom=Poor You!!  Hahahahaha...I'd give my right arm for a martini right about now....But I am lovin' these equations...total hoot...can't we square something or cube something or throw in Pi or something somewhere...Ugh...Chilean Sea Bass baked in foil with pesto, squash and carrots...oh, and risotto..

Chilean Sea Bass Components:  Olive Oil, Sherry, Hazelnut Pesto, Carrots, Yellow and Zucchini Squash, Pepper and..Sea Bass..

'The Intimidator'...my mandoline...I'm petrified of this thing..if you could have seen what it did to tmy middle finger a couple of years ago...Yikes!  We should throw in a super ouch as well...regardless...the blood-shed from my unfortunate decision did warrant the disposal of vegetables I had been slicing...yeah..and I have only used it once, since..it scares me...but my PSA this evening..that 'safety' device off to the right..well, it is included for a reason, and one should use it..yeah...I did learn the hard way..

Julienned Carrots, Zucchini and Yellow Squash...zero fingers...it was a good night on the West Side...
as far as fingers were concerned, anyway...

"Ouch, Mama...Eventually you'll learn...you Almost got it right..and you were almost famous..but that was way back when you were almost the Homecoming Queen....hahahahaha..I quite enjoy being a smarty-pants..it's fun!"

Risotto Components: Seafood Stock, Butter, Onion, Risotto, Parsley and Olive Oil (not photoed)

Mince your onion and parsley..yup..knives are slightly more forgiving than mandolines...but I suppose that depends on the situation..shake bootie...we are still hung up on Simple Plan...I tried.. then I heard Pierre sing a song in French...then I melted into a puddle..and then I wanted someone to give a 1000 days just to spend another one with me...and then I just re-listened to Pierre...and imagined Summer Paradise...Some Day...I will find...yup......Some Day...there won't be a jerk..yup...

We're all about action this Saturday night on the West Side...again...what else were we gonna do???  Drama is fun...is it not???  And the fact I was able to capture it..well, that's a complete and utter bonus for everyone invovled!!  YAY Drama!!  YAY Action!!  And Yay Man-Hands!!   Oh, add some onions to butter and olive oil..BTW..oops, my bad..I was so caught up...please forgive me...

Add Risotto..It is totes easy to do...especially with man hands...yup...again...it is..and I have those..Yikes!!

Proceed to add Seafood Stock...simmer, baby..simmer...it's about as good as saute...and one can find equal pleasure in both...and continue to shake bootie at the same time..a beautiful combination, one might say...World Tour 2005...Green Day...OMG...

"Oh..Mama...I've got Mr. Lizard..Wanna have a little fun with a squamate reptile???  I do!  And this is NOT the enemy of Spider-Man..nope....hahahahahahaha"

"Ugh...you both continue to irritate me..get me outta here..."

Time to prepare Chilean Sea Bass....It's fun and easy...like..um...I shall refrain from answering that..yup...but I am fun and easy...from what I hear...LOL...

Sprinkle your sea bass with salt and pepper..coat with hazelnut pesto...top with carrots...

Then top with yellow squash...

And top with zucchini...yeah for veggies..one can never have enough, no???  Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes...

"Oh...Mama...I'm tired..can we just eat!  You really do talk way too much and you never shut up...what can we do to fix this situation..."

After your risotto has finished simmering for a long time...add some chopped parsley...it is necessary and it adds a needed bit of color...

Chilean Sea Bass Baked in Foil with Pesto, Squash and Carrots...atop Risotto...
I honestly did not like this plating..it was too busy...you can't really see the fish..BUT it was so delicious...I know what I said about never having too many vegetables...however, I was wrong in this circumstance...plating wise...

Well, hopefully you all have a wonderful weekend..this is what we had to offer on a Saturday night..I am trying to be patient and understanding..but, um..guys...can you tell me why you are such jerks??  I'd really like an answer...After ALL this time, I deserve one...for reals...jeesh... Make sea bass..zero regrets...do not forget the power of music...mandolines are your enemy, so use with caution..The Fennel Fronds rock...as do gals in purple Docs and knee socks...please consider becoming French...this is Written-Off Penny, saying g'night...peace out...again...I am not bitter..nope..I do remember every sunset..

No comments:

Post a Comment