Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Take Me Back...Take Me Back...Oh, Yeah....Let's Go!!!

My heart is sinking as I'm lifting up above the clouds away from  you....I can't believe...I don't know what I'm going to do...this year..the whole 10 days thus far has SUCKED...should I clarify???  Shall we say that spreadsheets should be ILLEGAL!!  Hard to believe, is it not????  I'm gonna pretend it's a different year...I decided on 2007...that was a good year...I think...I was closer to 30 than 40...my father was still alive...I had very few wrinkles...well, THAT was a bit of an embellishment...I had tons, actually..shhhhhhh...but I did have a real computer...The Simpsons movie was out...and I snuck into a movie theater with a friend and beer..it was a hoot...and we 'coughed' every time we opened one...so totally not obvious and such...absolute discretion...that's me!....Green Day turned 20..And Food and Wine had this cookbook...from which tonight's recipe was taken...I'm going to to use this cookbook for a good month or so...or until I become bored...it shall be interesting...please join us....on this prehistoric , foodical adventure...hahahahahaha...

"Oh, Mama...UGH...I HATE Uggs...hahahahahahahaha...Get it???  Even I can make bad jokes...I learned from the best, though..hahahahahahaha...I really do crack myself up on a multitude of levels!!!  Now get those stinkin' monstrosities outta my face!"


Our meal this evening, was rather filled with deliciousness...much like us...but, again..it is the west side...would one expect anything less???  We never disappoint over here...nope...I will be honest, ultimately, it did not plate as I had hoped..but for what it lacked in appearance, it truly made up for in flavor...Thai Bean Stew, with....are you seated???....with, none other than our other best friend, Chicken!!  Yay and Woo freaking Hoo!!!  Again, I DO love this drama...tisk-tisk....

Dinner Components...Installment #1: Sugar, Chicken Stock, Olive Oil, Coconut Milk, Green Curry Paste, Lime, Crushed Red Pepper and Fish Sauce..

Dinner Components...Installment #2: Green Beans, Corn...and our star, Chicken!!  I'm not chicken to be honest with my feelings in regards to poultry..tisk-tisk...nor am I too chicken to admit to the world wide web that we have taken this opportunity to shake some bootie...to a song...one of which we have listened to for approximately 16 hours straight...OMG...Summer Paradise...I'll be there in a heartbeat!!  I so totes wanna return to summer paradise.....ahhhhhhh....and shhhh......some day, Pierre..some day...fo' sho'

Trim your beans, slice your ear of corn and quarter a lime...again...this knife time allows for additional bootie shaking...one can never have too much, actually....nope...it's on The Google..and recommended by the Surgeon General...it's great exercise...Besides, it takes your mind off of hideous things like jobs and spread sheets and telecom bills and such.....if you're not preoccupied by bootie shaking, you may be inclined to do 'other' things with that knife...which really isn't an excellent idea...yeah....we'll just use the knife on veggies...trust me...I do speak from experience...

Another snapshot of the vegetables...I included this merely because it caught my attention...but it doesn't really take much...regardless..I liked it...and that's good enough of an explanation...equivalent to the 'because I said so' defense of every parent on the planet...I always HATED that when I was a kid....now is a different story...it feels good to be able to say that...hahahahahahaha...JK, totes!

"Dear Mama...it always is darkest before the dawn!!"

We need to briefly marinate our chicken...in olive oil, pepper, lime juice, salt and crushed red pepper...this sorta looks like a weird egg, no????

Dead Chicken Walking...hahahahaha...it's not walking anywhere...her legs are in my freezer...LOL...she may be able to do the breast stroke somewhere, but......tisk-tisk...um, sorry...I believe that may have been my worst yet...I told you it's been a bad year...and it's only mid-January....Anyhoo...We're gonna broil her...no drooling yet, save that for later...!

Broil your chicken...a few minutes or so per side...I forget...I became distracted and although that event is not one you can really fathom...it did happen...martinis and bootie shaking may or may not have been involved..I am unable to confirm...yup....

"Mama...SMH..SMH..SMH SO much I'm dizzy....how's that match.com profile coming????  You gettin' outta here soon???  I hope..fingers and toes crossed...for reals!"

The broth...it should require a more fancy-pants introduction, as it was soooooooooo delicious...OMG...coconut milk, sugar, green curry, chicken stock, crushed basil and parsley...fabulous, in fact....

Rice Noodles..weird pic, no??  Kinda, maybe, sorta like me???  Not all that photogenic, but much better looking in person...tee and hee....but, yet so true!  Take me back to summer paradise, please...or else give me a ride to the Sellwood Bridge....hahhahahahaha..someday I will find my way...fo' sho'!

"Mama, I didn't think dogs could actually cringe...but you have proven science wrong...I can't even look...oh, good grief..."

Tonight's meal..one of my all-time faves..the sauce was sooo good....I was terribly disappointed with the plating...too many beans...and whoulda thunk you could have too many of those, as they are delish...but, yeah...everything about this dish screams awkward...live and learn...after the day I have had...I expected nothing less..however...Thai Bean Stew is something everyone should totes make...if only for the broth...OMG...complete heaven...kinda, sorta like that Brandon Flowers guy...the one from the Killers...not the Chiefs...not that I don't like football players..I do, really...he's seriously yum...as our football players, BTW...how on earth did we get from bean stew to football players????  hahahahahaa

Well, my internet friends...this was a late posting...I am still on my crap-top which doesn't feel like cooperating...but I just heard from the 'IT guy' and I should be up an running in a few hours....at which time I will be throwing this crap-top off of my balcony...I may soon follow...it's been quite a ride...I remember when we first kissed...I'd give away a 1000 days just to have another one with you...take me back..yeah..yeah...tomorrow we'll have access to the You Tube...I am totes excited...make Thai soup...if only for the broth...it has such potential..it's flexible and tasty and can do amazing things...oh, wait..that sounds JUST like me!  hahahahahahahaha..I jest...perhaps...tisk-tisk.....I'll be there in a heartbeat.....or at least tomorrow....yup...you're not dreaming...nope...it's more like a nightmare...hahahahahah..g'night..oh, BTW...sassy gals in purple Docs totes rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment