Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some Day I Will Find My Way...

Back to where your name is written in the sand....I hope...I truly do for reals..AND I want to become Canadian...AND someone quickly call Guinness...not the Irish Stout..although that is deliciously wonderful...and I could totes use one right about now..I was referring to the one whom is the ultimate authority on record-breaking achievement...and while you may have thought it was me...it's not...but we are over-achievers here on the west side...shhhhhhh...you tell everyone and they'll want to move here..Summer Paradise...I have now officially listened to that song 1,943,242 times...but who's counting???  Not me..I do know every word and I believe the Fennel Fronds should be a cover band...this being our first song...cow bell would so seriously add to it's wonderfulness..yup...IMHO, of course...

 "Oh, Mama...nerd is the word...and you are THE biggest nerd I have ever met...I can't even look at you right now!"

Well, it is a Wednesday..and I did have every intention of sticking with my idea of pretending to be in 2007..but I am still sorta pretending..go ahead, ask me my age...teehee..and I did want to use a recipe from my 2007 cook book...but, I didn't go to the store today...today was one of the weirdest days ever...very weird..so I had to improvise and use what I had here to make something to eat...and we were hungry..so, a Pringle encrusted potato pancake, wilted spinach in blue cheese sauce and steak, with cripsy shallots was on our menu...

Dinner Components worth mentioning...Cream, Pringles, Olive Oil, Sherry, Potatoes, Garlic, Shallot and Blue Cheese..

Our second installment of dinner components worth mentioning...not inferior by any means...it was totes my fault...actually, it was Pierre's fault...again, he should not be allowed to be soooo cute!  Spinach and Steak!

Thinly slice shallots...it will keep you busy...may cause a tear or two..or three or four...no worries..time does heal all wounds..occupational hazard, one might even say...that's what happens when you shake bootie with a knife...but it cannot be helped...

Fry your sliced shallots in olive oil...now this process will stink up the entire floor of your building and irritate neighbors...but they deserve it...trust me, they do....

"Um...it's you Mama...You stink...I think..But you do look pretty in pink...winkety-wink...HAHAHAHA..I'm a genius, don't ya think???"

We need to make some mashed potatoes, as they are the key ingredient to the potato pancake...peel and boil a potato....it's just lil' ole me....one potato shall suffice...add butter and cream...the usual stuff and such...and if I had been Dan Quayle's daughter...we'd be having a potatoe...hahahahaha...makes you wonder how people get elected...seriously...why are idiots always the one's in charge....that is the conundrum of the evening....because they're not that much of an idiot if they've managed to become the one in charge, ya know...so...hmmmmm...Spin doctors, perhaps...I wanna be one of those!!...hahahahaha..JK

Once your potatoe, ahem, um...I mean potato has been mashed...add a little flour and egg...then coat with crushed Pringles....yup...Pringles...they are super delish!  Not to mention, make for a splendid coating..who knew!?!!  That's why I'm here...and you're lucky I have no life and am thoughtful...otherwise, you would have never known!!

Fry your pancake in equal parts olive oil and butter...then allow to sit in a warm oven while you finish the remaining dinner tasks...it will be patient...and it will enjoy the oven..it's warm..and it's COLD outside..jeesh...and that wind...ugh...I feel like I'm back in Pennsylvania...seriously..this is ridiculous!  But, I'm not one whom typically complains..yup...never complain....

"Are you kidding me??  All you do is complain..AND you talk too much and you never shut up...but, I felt I should be honest...but I do like your food...so I'll keep you around...just for a bit and such..."

Steak...you seriously need to read the Wikipedia definition of steak...it is HORRIBLE..and FUNNY....so, in a sense..FORRIBLE...hahahahaha...nah..I'm kidding..but seriously...the entry was written by a 6th grader, or someone whom is having a bad trip...Anyhoo...this is no steakhouse...but we're having steak..and I don't really have steak knives..but I think you'll live...

 Again..sear your steak 'Chuck Woolery' style...two and two...each side, fo' sho'

We begin our quest...a journey of sorts...into the land of blue cheese...and pan sauce...and their combination...it is distinct...and it actually involves Alexander Flemming....he's my new boyfriend...hahahahahhaa...nah, he's a biologist and he invented penicillin...and I wrote a report on him in the 5th grade..got an A...BTW... 
So, add garlic to your olive oil and deglaze with a little sherry..sorry...we got carried away..I'm not going to be coy at this point...it involved zero boys...I've given up on them...I've focused on martinis...they're much better...yup...and drama free...and they don't require me to pack them a lunch..and they aren't total PITAs...nor, are they jerks..while we're on the topic..and what WAS the topic...Pierre...where are you????

Add blue cheese...and, so for reals shake a little bootie..we are so attached to Simple Plan...like velcro..hahahahahahhaa...
yeah, we are...let's go!!

Taaaa-dahhhh...Spinach!!!  Go right ahead and add that to your blue cheese sauce..It's Persian...and Nutritious...an excellent source of antioxidants...I like to educate all y'all as well...again...I blame my thoughtfullness...teehee...

"Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum....Oh, Mama...I love historical quatrains...known as couplets....and I love Jack and the Beanstalk....and poems...and we should totes discuss Spinach, Popeye and the myth...but I am busy..so perhaps tomorrow???  I'll be there in a heartbeat..."

Our final meal..the conclusion...the end...the finishing...the finale....the ultimate....edgy...over the top...defying all limitations...zero deadlines invloved...originated on the west side...shhhh....
Pringles encrusted potato pancake...spinach wilted in blue cheese sauce and steak...topped with crispy shallots..
I didn't like the photo..the blue cheese sauce could have been better, but I am a my own worst critic..yeah..WIP, in fact...

Some day, I will find my way..we're off to bed...we're gonna crash like waves...it has been such a long day...OMG...Make a potatoe...um, I mean, potato encrusted pancake..sorry..I was channeling Dan Quayle there for a minute..oops...my bad!!  Totes worth the effort...go listen to Simple Plan...it truly will cause a desire for you to become Canadian...remember...just because you hit delete..it does not necessarily mean it has really been deleted..so, um...empty your recycle bin...and not the one on your back porch..the one on your computer!  Pringles never cease to amaze and their amazing deliciousness should not be ignored....that's my Confiucius advice today...take it or leave it..hahahahahhaa...I know what you'll do...I would do the same...so, no worries...G'night my internet friends...and I would like this opportunity to give a shout out to a fabulous gal over in Africa...if anyone can make them understand the importance of Doc Martens, it is you...now, can someone tell me how to get back to Summer Paradise??  I forget...I took that wrong turn at Albuquerque...I'm soooo confused...yup...darn martinis and such...Peace Out...


No comments:

Post a Comment