Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finn...the Fetus...the Saga Continues...

Again...my internet friends..as I have preached all month long..you're sooo lucky..way more lucky than you could ever imagine...AND..JUST when you thought your luck was gonna run out..well...again, you should have a seat...it's my thoughtful nature, in case you forgot...either that or my manners...I do have those..and if you want to go run out and grab a Powerball ticket...well, I'll wait for you...no worries...now that we've established all of these things....are you ready???  Seriously..ready for this????  It's one of THE biggest internet secrets EVER...When they made me..they did NOT..and I repeat NOT break the mold...can we get a little finger clap????  Maybe combine a woo and a hoo..in the same sentence???  Hahahahahahahahahaha...  I have this sassy satellite correspondent on the east coast working for me..we've become THAT large...not literally or physically speaking..but this correspondent appreciates humor and well..is the mastermind behind tonight's 'toy' so to speak..and we have been on quite the dry spell..speaking of toys and boys...allow me to introduce Finn..the Fetus to the world wide web...

Here's Finn enjoying grapes, of the green variety, in an open-top container typically used to serve food....it is small and shallow (the container, not Finn), and while the appearance of bowls can range from very simple designs of a single color to sophisticated artwork....this one is glass...and he's way tooo young to enjoy libations of any sort...we'll wait until he's 13 weeks for that!

Here's Finn...enjoying a candle-stick...and no, again to clarify...it's not the baseball park in San Francisco...although I am rather certain he would LOVE San Francisco...and the Giants...that Will Clark...ahhh...he was the cutie back in the day...heck of a first baseman....after all, who wouldn't???  Perhaps when he's older...and can make a fist..then we can discuss sports and such...

"Oh, Mama...I have about ten dead baby jokes in my back pocket....Ok, um, yeah...we'll just pretend I didn't say that out loud...Weren't you cooking something, BTW????  See...I'm a genius at 'transitioning' the subject...tap-tap...this thing on???"

Oh, dear...it has been quite the evening..well, as I have professed..it's been quite the year!  AND it's STILL January...good grief...eleven more months...I may not survive!!!!  Anyhoo...we had one of the GREATEST soups of all time...Tortellini Soup with Parmesan Broth...ummmm and yumm......And again...re-focusing on your luck and such...the ghetto cam cooperated...and it was the weekend...and I had a plethora of time...and zero dates..and nothing else to do...yup...again..I am providing that opportunity for you to get your Powerball ticket....I don't have any luck...perhaps you might!!  hahahahahahaha...Oh, I'll be there in a heartbeat...it was only a kiss, BTW.... ;-)  Jeesh..I do LOVE blogging...poor you...hahahahahahaa...

Soup Components:  Alright..don't even start..I know, I know, I know...stock from a box...it's pure and utter blasphemy...but I didn't have any..so zip it..We also had spinach, tomatoes, sausage meatballs, onions, garlic, carrots, tortellini and parmesan rinds...

I made these with Panko bread crumbs and garlic..I didn't have any eggs..yeah, insert 'gasp' here....so I used a little cream...added a bit of garlic...

Brown these in..none other..I've decided she should be a Duchess..she is rather noble..and she is beautiful..and we're totes into this French stuff...it just makes sense..and she is a leader...am I selling you on this????  Can I 'count' on your support??  hahahahhaah...again, yeah..I know I am the only one whom finds myself to be funny..that's OK...Yay for meds..hahahahahaha...Nah...we should say yay for vodka..LOL...oh, that and Simple Plan...

We got to mince and dice and such..it was the weekend...we spared zero expense...isn't it obvious????  It was a zero band-aid night...so, that's always a good thing..although, I did trip over my dishwasher door again..yup...my poor body...again...do as I say, not as I do..I'm a walking contradiction..speaking of which, totes shake a little bootie..and, thank you Green Day..and Billie Joe...and he's the only one who can pull off guy-liner, IMHO, of course...

Now is the time..whip out the man hands..if you've got them, of course....just don't hurt yourself...add your minced garlic and onion to the meatballs..

Then add your corporate chicken stock...I know!!!  At least it's organic..

Add parmesan cheese rinds..these are crucial..and tasty..and make all of the difference in the world..trust me...

We then can add our carrots...I love carrots...Like you care...but..I felt I should share....again...I can't help myself...

Add a can of drained, diced tomatoes..and if you're not lazy, like me...you could even use real tomatoes....I totes should have but...I totes should have done a million other things...it's like those things I almost did...way back when I was almost famous for almost a day..and almost homecoming queen..and then I almost...alright...I'll stop...but I do love Bowling for Soup..speaking of soup...

At some point we added tortellini...I feel as though that was a neglected part...yet integral to the soup...but we did...oh, then add spinach!  I'll spare you my feelings on spinach...although it is sooo delish....

"My dear Mama...do you know how you make gold soup???  You use 22 carrots...hahahahahahahahahahahaha...I so crack myself up...!!!!"

"Again...you two are just plain nuts..Carrot me back home!  hahahahahahahaahahah"

Now, here's Finn..discretely located in the pocket of a pair of jeans..who knew a fetus could be so distinct...characterized...individual...only he doesn't do calculus....in case you were curious...not yet, anyway...once he can hold a pencil and use a calculator...shouldn't be too long..

And, for a fetus...he does get around quite a bit..I worry about his reputation...I shouldn't...eventually someone will socially evaluate him..and form an opinion on his entity...but he is not ubiquitous..in case you wondered...but he does play a mean piano...especially for a fetus...he's a lover of music, one might say...take me back to paradise..please...Pierre..where are you????

Our final soup..yeah..I'm certain you never imagined this would come to fruition..
Personally, the picture sucked...I blame ghetto cam..but it was soooooo delicious..and warm and perfect...ahhhh..too bad life isn't like soup...

Well, again my internet friends...here we are....the apex, no..????   Yup..we're at the highest part of the evening...it doesn't get any better than this...nope...again..we should thank the world there's another sassy Doc-wearing gal out there with a tremendous sense of humor...a great camera...and a fetus named Finn...It's now down to 14 days until I make my Pennsylvania appearance...I can't wait!!!  I almost did a bunch of stuff..BUT, I did go to Powell's..and I love that place because it smells like old books...and that smell is, well, wonderful...I did get a copy of 1984 and a Dostoyevsky novel..yeah...I'm a nerd with a capital 'N' and proud of it ;-)  This is Written-Off Penny saying g'night and such...and I do plan on pursuing a rapping career...after the Fennel Fronds are established, of course...see ya all tomorrow...yup...please don't cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment