Monday, January 23, 2012

Role Model...

I decided tonight that's what I want to be...I am a person whom serves as an example and others would totally want to emulate my behavior...I'm inspirational, no????hahahahaah...I'm kidding..maybe...or maybe I'm just being hypothetical...or just ridiculous..you be the judge...It has been a weird weekend...and we didn't actually get out of bed until 4pm..yeah...I blame 700 thread count sheets and fleece comforters...who knew they were so comfy!  Well, that and E.V. had me up super early..long story..again, I'll be thoughtful and spare you the deets...and place the blame on others...I don't like being accountable for things...have you noticed???

"Um...Mama...don't take this the wrong way, but I can't think of anyone, and I mean no one, whom would want to imitate your behavior...AND, even if they did..I would strongly encourage them to reconsider...are you kidding me????  Are you on some type of medication of which I should be aware???  For reals...jeesh...."

We should move along to this evening's meal...it will be in everyone's best interest, I am rather certain.  For a Sunday, this was a relatively easy meal with little prep involved.  Sauteed Chicken with Spinach and Angel Hair Pasta...Yup...our friend chicken is back..I needed chicken and carbs, more than you can imagine....

Dinner Components: Spinach, Sherry, Pepper, Cream, Chicken, Pasta, Butter, Garlic and Dijon Mustard...

The funnest part...and I know it's not a word..but this activity is so filled with mirth it warrants the use of a non-existing word...Oh, so place your chicken breast in-between plastic wrap and beat the crap out of it...to flatten of course...there is a reason for doing so, and it's not just to release any pent-up anger one might have...not that we have any..nope..nada...none...no repressed emotions over here on the west side...zero, in fact...

"Geez, Mama...talk about misdirected anger...Yikes!  The aggression...I can't even look!!!  Thank goodness I'm not that piece of chicken...that's all I gotta say..."

Dredge..lightly coat your flattened chicken in flour and pepper...this technique will create a crunchy, browned surface once it has been sauteed....

Sautee your chicken breast in a pan approximately 4 minutes per side..then transfer into a warm oven where it can rest as you prepare the remainder of your meal...Bootie shaking can most certainly take place while you saute...they go hand-in-hand, actually..yup..I read it on The Google...it's totes true...It was only a kiss....ahhhhhh...

"Oh, Mama..that Brandon Flowers is awfully yummy...ummm...and ahhhh...turn it up...oh, yeah..."

"Just set me free...let me out of this apartment...I'm a city cat...I can live on the streets....puhleeeeese........you two drive me crazy!!!"

While your chicken is peacefully resting in your warm oven...make your sauce...add minced garlic and you can do some more sauteing...it's your lucky night!  It really doesn't get much better than this..nope..the bonus factor is that you can wear your pajamas and no one will care...again, nope they won't...thank you, Joel Madden for being so understanding...Motivate Me....Captivate Me...

After you have sauteed the garlic, deglaze with some sherry and add a dollop of dijon (those two steps, unfortunately were not captured with my ghetto cam...I tried..)..Proceed to add some cream..lucky for YOU I captured that, no????  Wait, don't answer that...

Turn down the heat and allow your sauce to simmer and slightly thicken...but you don't want it to burn..so keep the distractions to a minimum..like me..I never become distracted...again, the Role Model thing..yup!

I take back what I previously said about it being your lucky night because can saute a bunch of stuff....you're lucky for a different reason...cooked pasta, and the fact I was kind enough to share...now who wouldn't want to see THIS???...perhaps the most exciting thing on the internet...I may start a Facebook page for....oh, and most certainly a Twitter account...the life of cooked pasta on the West Side...riveting...fascinating...engrossing...yup.....

After your sauce has reduced a tad...transfer to another dish and use the same pan to wilt a little spinach...allow it to become flaccid..droopy...weaken markedly...like, um..me!!...I sorta feel like that spinach...although spinach is delish...one of my faves, in fact..but you already knew that, so just this once I'll spare you...I can be nice, sometimes...

"Oh, Mama...whom is it you are trying to kid???  You're not nice..nope..I've heard you on the phone and well, um...alright...alright..I'll stop....Darn that NDA!!  BTW, I am starving...can we eat, please????"

Sauteed Chicken with Spinach and Pasta
It tasted way better than it looked...I know better with pasta...it just does not photograph well...and Weezer does say it best...it IS in the Photograph...this doesn't cut it...but, if you blew it, don't reject it, I suppose...everybody wants a dream...

Well, my internet friends..if you want it you can have it..but you've got to learn to reach out there and grab it..oh, baby...the best we could do on a Sunday night...Again, I know that pasta is just so unphotogenic..it does take after me...shhh....as always, thank you for joining us...and if you wish for me to be your mentor...call me!  hahahahahaa...I'm kidding...wishing you all a terrific Monday..if that is even possible...and is it even legal to use the words terrific and Monday in the same sentence???  Ahhh..maybe way back in the day when we had chainsaw jugglers and such...oh, well.....some day, fo' sho'...please join us tomorrow, as well shall have an overabundance of fantabulous advice which we will be sharing..this is Written-Off Penny saying g'night...and peace out...

No comments:

Post a Comment