Monday, January 9, 2012

Loser Of The Year...

We're back....to make a looooooong story short, maybe you'd better brace yourself, or at least have a seat...ahem, well, um...I have a virus!  Yup...but I'll be OK, and perhaps I should clarify for all of those jaws that surely just dropped...tisk-tisk....I DO have a virus, but it is technically not me....my work computer has a virus and it happened Sunday night..and it was hideously gruesome...sad, heartbreaking and valuable lessons have been learned...the internet is like a box of chocolates...be careful about on what link you click...you never know what you're gonna get....and in my case, it was the equivalent to one of those disgustingly gross orange cream gelatin-type candies...ICK!!  Lesson learned, though....

"Oh, Mama...now you're just talking smack!  You never learn anything from you're mistakes...Heck, you're still wearing those stinkin' fittens, and I told you months ago to get rid of those things...they make me sneeze, too...Jeesh!"

Again, she shares in my frustration of our virus issue.....the 'IT guy' picked up my tower today...which means I have to use my crap-top for the time being...it is THE biggest piece of crap and to make matters even worse (and, yes..it is possible if one can imagine such a thing), my crap-top has no sound..Years ago I somehow deleted it...yup...don't even ask me how...even the 'IT guy' had no idea how I managed to do that..anyhoo..I am not about to stay in this apartment without music...so E.V. and I went to the store this evening and bought the best CD player $39.99 will get ya!  hahahahahahaa...it's no Bose...we'll leave it at that....but it serves its purpose...AND it has a clock..only I don't know how to change it...heck, for reals it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to turn it on...whatever happened to a 'power' button....WHO KNEW that 'standby' was the new 'power' button...SO, we also bought two CD's...I haven't purchased a CD since 2005..but if one thing hasn't changed, it's a CD...they're still freaking IMPOSSIBLE to open!!!  And that stupid sticker-seal-thing...OMG...it's like Gorilla Glue!  Not to mention, terribly frustrating...I was on the brink of beating it with a hammer...just to open the case...but I don't have a hammer...I am a woman on the edge...stinkin' technology and such...pfft....

"Oh, Mama...My head's about to pop..you'd better stay clear...get me outta here!!  And we should give a little shout out to our favorite, super-cool neighbor for coming down to help us with that stupid computer!!"  Ah, yes, E.V...you are correct...a thanks to the person whom resides in the penthouse apartment... ;-)

OK....putting viruses and CDs and crap-tops and such aside, I cooked...not tonight...we didn't eat tonight..well, a few Pringles, and they are rather delish!  But I did cook last night because it was Sunday night and the weekend, only I couldn't blog about it...yeah, you don't get out of it that easily..and I would have blogged last night, but I couldn't get the internet connected...the story continues to go downhill....in fact, it's all downhill from here...hold on, my friends...the ride will be bumpy...you've been warned...I am polite, thoughtful and considerate, even....tisk-tisk....I made Crispy Chilean Sea Bass with Confit of Fingerling Potatoes, Pancetta, Peas and Garlic..

Dinner Components 1st Edition - Olive Oil, Baby Carrots, Garlic, Thyme and Fingerling Potatoes
Have you got thyme for Dinner Components 2nd Edition???  hahahahahaha...sorry...again, I try SO hard to refrain...it's the little things that prevent me from, well..um..moving along....I'll save that for Dr. Phil..hahahahaha - Pancetta, Sea Bass, Peas and Parsley (and this was in two separate photos because I am forgetful, at thymes....this thyme I blame the martini...yup...but we did zero accidental backflips, or trip over dishwasher doors or suffer any sort of bodily injury..that makes it a good night in my hoot-owl notebook!

Quarter/slice your carrots, potatoes and garlic..and, alas...the portion of the evening to which I most look forward...bootie shaking!!!!  Things just don't get any better than that, IMHO...last night's musical selections were a little different...and limited to what I could pull up on the Crackberry...but tonight...totes different story....Good thing I sprung for that $39.99 CD player, no????....Summer Paradise...OMG..thank you, Simple Plan...and thank you, Pierre...for being so freaking cute....

Add olive oil to your vegetables and herbs previously salted and peppered...enough to cover them completely...and this, yup...my action shot!!!  It even lacked ginormously, ugly man hands...hmmm..I have zero idea as to whom would possess such things...nope..certainly not me...I'm cooler than I've ever been...hahahahahahahahaha...sooooo untrue!

Once you have poured the olive oil...cover with foil...bake at 275 degrees for an hour...more like an hour and 15 minutes if we wanna get all technical....do you???  Again, I've got all night...and you can listen to The Killers...life doesn't get much better than that..fo' sho'!  I really have not hit rock bottom...it's this big initernet ruse..hahahahaha

Continuing with the confit components...while your veggies confit and such...hahahaha..brown some pancetta...in, none other....does he really need an introduction at this stage????  My trusty and faithful SOJ....My soul was broken....but my sweet SOJ mended all 'cause he's a thoughtful kinda skillet...he remembers every sunset...he remembers every word I've said....

Once the vegetables have roasted...allow them to cool in the olive oil...and I did have a pic of that, but can't find it..it's totes the fault of Mr. Crap-top...but...saute those veggies with peas and your pancetta...brown them and such..flavors can blend and meld..it's paradise..tasty, even...

"Um, Mama...you need to help stamp out this mindless mindlessness, and those boots should do the trick!  Keep your stupidity to yourself..hahahahahahaha...I crack myself up!!"

We'll progress to the fish-cooking portion of this evening...Chilean Sea Bass is THE best fish on earth....for reals...I could eat it every night...and I could go on and on..for hours, even on its greatness...hahahahaha...I'd never subject you to additional punishment...

Salt and Pepper your fish...then dredge in flour...do not dread this step...it's not all that bad...not like Dred Scott v. Sanford..
Cook 3-4 minutes on each side...use the olive oil left over from the vegetables...it makes a huge difference..critical, in fact...ahhh...the drama!

"OH, Mama...Aren't I the cutest thing EVER???!!????  And I am too tired and hungry to beg....please..."

The pinnacle of our evening....how this was reached is an absolute miracle...shhhh...I kid you not....
Crispy Chilean Sea Bass with Confit of Fingerling Potatoes, Baby Carrots, Pancetta, Peas and Garlic
I really liked this, a whole lot...but, I'm a big fan of sea bass....and an even bigger nerd...shhhhh..I have just listened to the same song for the past two hours...yeah...two...

Some day I will find my way back to where your name was written in the sand...we were never gonna say goodbye...It's been a long 48 hours here on the west side...it felt more like 480 hours....avoid viruses..they really are most unfortunate...take me back to Summer Paradise...my heart is sinking...Tomorrow I'm headed to the Red Star Cafe...I hear they have real computers...and I have a TON of work...'cause real life can't wait...and that sucks....get me outta here...I want to join a sassy gal wearing purple Doc Martens 'cause she's super-cool and such...Simple Plan rocks...confit something...zero regrets!  Remember that the internet is like a box of chocolates...terribly unpredictable, and potentially disappointing...actually mostly disappointing...much like, um...I should just say G'night...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment