Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Lone Pundit...

Good evening...and welcome my internet friends...at least I hope you're my friends...I suppose I should have asked before I was so cavalier with the term and my assumptions..you know what they say about those, no???..yup...I'm a pundit..why you ask???...well, really 'cause I said I was...and it's my blog..so for all you know I'm really Wonder Woman....hahahahahahaha...nah...but I am offering to a mass media my opinion and commentary on a particular subject area in which I am knowledgeable...in this case food...LOL...and triple LOL...now this may be the internet, however the traffic to this sight would hardly ever be considered 'massive' and my knowledge is questionable..in fact, there is a lot which is questionable...but, I shall spare you the gory details...we've got all year to address these..I wouldn't wanna have all the fun the first week of the year!

Anyhoo...we're keeping things short and sweet and simple...I know!!  My first KISS of the new year...shhhhhhhhh.... It is shocking, is it not, as I am hardly short on ANYTHING...especially words!!  tisk-tisk...but I had to get my hair cut and it was just a bizarre night and would you expect any less..again, as I have said before..it IS a new year..but hardly a new me..it was rather dreary outdoors...so, a perfect excuse for soup!  I love, love, love soup...New England Clam Chowder....and I love, love, love Bowling for Soup, too...FYI, of course...

"Oh, me..Oh, my...a big bullfrog and a butterfly, Mama...NO Hablo Ingles!!"

Yup..she's mad at me AGAIN...and it still is so absolutely not my fault!  This time she wanted to eat some foreign substance on the floor of the elevator and I would not allow her to do such a thing!  She just doesn't realize you can't do stuff like that!  Who KNOWS what it even was or if it was, in fact, something edible...ICK!!!  Oh, and throw in an EW!!!!!

Chowder Components: Cream, Clams, Leeks, Seafood Stock, Bacon, Shallot, Garlic, Carrots, Potato, Thyme and Bay Leaf

Oh...Oh...and triple OH!!!!  THE complete and utter highlight of our evening..You guessed it...not only did we get to slice and dice and mince and such....BUT..are you sitting down..again, I am thoughtful...JIC you forgot....time to shake some bootie...turn it way up, my friends..it's Tuesday..do you need a better reason??  I thought not...You're not gonna wake up feeling sorry...that is fo' sho'!  We should give a little finger clap, at least..for Simple Plan..um and yum...that Pierre Bouvier is SO cute!


"Um, well Mama...I'm Addicted to that bassist..David...he's pretty cute, too..just sayin'  Personally I can't keep my hands off of any of them, for that matter!  OH, and where's my fruit roll-up!!!"

Cook your bacon (not photoed..and I'm sure by now you know exactly why...), remove and then saute your vegetables...we did leap and we did toss..briefly over high heat...it was great...art-filled even...yup...I don't mince words..hahahahahhaa..just veggies..oh, and fingertips....

Add seafood stock...I was super-excited with this shot...aside from the fact it takes very..and I emphasize very...little to excite me...it was an action shot..and I was able to do two things at once...the camera didn't fall into the soup...I didn't trip and fall backwards...again..the drama...I like to save it for my mama...I just couldn't help myself!  We are rather cool and awesome over here on the west side...shhhhh.....little known secret....hahahahahahahaha...that was a total oxymoron...contradiction in terms, so to speak...yeah, there's a joke there, too..I'll spare you...just this once!

Simmer...Simmer and maybe shimmy-shimmy ya...ODB still rocks in my book..regardless....we gently cooked our soup...it remained just at or below the boiling point...and I was not filled with pent-up emotion...prolly cause I had zero interaction with anyone possessing that stinkin' Y chromosome today...hahahahahahaha..JK..

"Oh, Mama...how 'bout we leave the past in the past...Oh, No Hablo Ingles..."

Our final soup...once you have simmered...add some cream and the crumbled bacon...again, these photos were downright hideous...I think my camera may have taken off for Canada..it was that embarrassed...This, while not all that photogenic..(I shall refrain..as I did with my thyme jokes..aren't you impressed???)....However, it was so delicious!  I do realize Chowder of the NE variety doesn't usually have carrots..and it usually has celery instead of leeks...I strongly encourage making this version...perfect for a cold, dreary day...especially after the holidays and such...

Well, again..today was awesomely awesome...thanks to a sassy gal and such...I still find it hard to believe that it is 2012...Man, am I so glad I didn't make any resolutions..I don't think I could handle the pressure..they're overrated anyway, IMHO, of course...Leave the past in the past...Another day, another casualty...We're not the one's who were meant to follow..I'm just a kid...and You're so gonna miss me when I'm gone!!  Listen to a little Simple Plan...it rocks..like knee socks and NE Clam Chowder and Lone Pundits, of course..tisk-tisk...I am THE Confucius of the next generation..for reals and such..ask anyone!  G'night my chickadees...see all y'all tomorrow...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment