Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Do You Have The Thyme...

...to listen to me whine????  Perhaps we should just have some wine...if you have the time...tee and throw in a hee...It was necessary to get all of my lame puns out of the way immediately...and I feel extremely guilty for desecrating Green Day in this fashion....I sincerely hope Billie Joe and the crew can forgive me..we're just a Basket Case...hahahaha..nah...it is an awesome song..so, speaking of thyme...I did remember it today, thyme that is..and I totes have time to talk all about it..yup...it IS your lucky day..kinda, sorta like winning the lottery...well, that may be a bit over the top..now back to my whine...those whom wait to remove live Christmas trees from an apartment building mid-January....plain rude..I wanted to utter a high-pitched plaintive cry..pine needles stick to EVERYTHING...my evening rant..don't thoughtlessly drag a dead tree all over an apartment building....'nuff said...

"Oh, Mama...wait...let me go grab that cheese...you could use some, I'm certain...I'm here to help!  hahahahahahahahaa..and you're bringing me down..totes...jeesh.."

Getting back on track..and focusing...those were our resolutions for this new year..hahaha..hardly...again, resolutions are over-rated..and I would have failed on the first of the year..this evening..it was a very simple meal...little prep was involved...but it did involve a chicken..and legs..they're much better looking legs than mine..yup...totes, they are...so in that regard you're awfully lucky..again...I have bestowed all of my 'luck' upon you...tisk-tisk...Spicy Baked Chicken Legs with Spinach and Sunflower Couscous...we'll save the confetti and balloons for another time..this just does not scream excitement...as exciting as we appear to be over here on the west side...again..all smoke and mirrors, my friends...all smoke and mirrors...

Meal Components: Chicken Legs, Butter, Tabasco, Thyme..and in the little dish (I love those little dishes, BTW..) garlic powder, cayenne, onion powder and paprika...

Melt your butter in a saucepan...add your spices and herbs...coat each leg...I wish my legs looked that good....Anyhoo...have no fear..Underdog is Here!  And I'm Sweet Polly Purebred...hahahahaaha..nah, but I do enjoy speaking in rhymes..and I wish I were anthropomorphic..and I wish I could duck into a telephone booth to transform into a caped hero...for it's hip-hip-hip and AWAY I GO!!!  I do have a cape, BTW...long story..which prolly involves another blog...tisk-tisk...

Once the legs have been coated...roast in the oven for 30 minutes...and I DID, for reals, have a picture of them out of the oven..I can't find it..nope...stinkin' Smurfs and cyberspace..it's not my fault...it never is...

"Sweet Mama, you are a little melodramatic..and a fool at times, no???  AND you give me the creeps...My mind is not playing tricks on me!  And I DO crack myself up...hahahahaahaha"

Dinner Components, Part Deux..Couscous, Spinach, Sunflower Seeds, Butter, Parmesan Cheese and Garlic...

Chop up some spinach...this is the only chopping we did, of vegetables, tonight...we did shake a lot of bootie...thank you, Weezer..Green Day and RHCP...it was time to branch out, so to speak...we only visited Summer Paradise..once...alright, twice..Almost....tee-hee...

Melt butter in a pan, add minced garlic, sunflower seeds and chopped spinach..

"Oh, Mama...you should be like all the other kids with those pumped up kicks...they are way better than flip-flops..hahahahaahaha..run..run..run...run..."

After you've wilted your spinach..Chamberlain style, fo' sho'..add your cooked couscous..stir...it causes great excitement and strong emotion...thrilling, perhaps...It doesn't take much for us...obviously...

Spicy Chicken Legs with Spinach and Sunflower Couscous
Again..I HATED this photo..I have 35 others if you're interested...seriously..I'm always in search of the perfect dinner photo..much to my chagrin..it happens infrequently...shhh...

Where it began...I have zero clue..we lost our dreams in the rain..along with our balance, our car keys..oh, and our lip gloss and mind..hahahahaha...you kept me guessing and now I'm destined for lots of things...you know I only want what's best for you and I hope you do well..I don't wish you were dead anymore..tisk-tisk...Make chicken and couscous...Forget regrets or life is yours to miss...Remember sassy gals rock, of course that totes goes without saying.....Lastly, Not bird, nor plane, nor even frog...It's just little old me...Underdog!  G'night...we'll be back...in our cape...shhhhh....rock on, Fennel Fronds...rock on...

No comments:

Post a Comment