Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We've Come Too Far To Turn Back Now....

I was a bad American tonight...shhh...I did NOT watch the State of the Union address as I probably should have...I just stole Obama's line...it seemed to be so apropos for the blog..and I want to build on the momentum...and BTW...I have yet to see everyone play by the same set of rules..it hasn't happened since 1776...so I suspect it's not gonna happen anytime soon...just sayin'...which is lame, IMHO...where were we...Oh, cooking..yeah...and we did cook..so no turning back now...blog..here we come...Woo and freaking hoo...aren't you as excited as myself?????  After all, what else are you gonna do on a Tuesday night when there's no Glee...a Tuesday devoid of Puck and Blaine...ahhhh.. I miss those cuties..I do...next week, I suppose....

"Oh..Mama...I miss the sunshine..and flip-flop weather...and when your toes looked that nice...and when discretionary spending wasn't out of control...Take me back to Summer Paradise..."

I wasn't even going to cook this evening...I originally thought Glee was on..my bad..thank heavens for contingency plans...Fillet with a deconstructed baked potato and roasted carrots..shall we....commence with some cooking???

Potato Components: Bacon, Butter, White Cheddar, Onion, Parsley, Potato and Pepper...This is a low-cal potato...isn't it obvious????  Winkety-wink...

Now...I kinda, maybe, sorta made this thing up...so I'm missing the 'in between' steps, but, you'll live..trust me..and you'll prolly be a happier person...slice a potato with your mandoline..yup...I drug that monstrosity out..that finger stealing death trap...regardless, use it to slice a potato...on each potato slice, add butter, pepper, onion and cheese...continue to stack....and stack...and layer...and layer...Deconstructing stuff is fun...I is similar to blowing stuff up..it's fun...I rather enjoy doing both...

Then do what every red-blooded American would do...ADD BACON!!  Bacon makes EVERYTHING better...hold your deconstructed potato together with bacon...zero regrets...you may need a toothpick or two, but that's A-OK...'cause you've got bacon on your side...be sure and shake a little bootie while you do this, too....and then reflect on the hideousness of annual allocation changes...they are rather hideous...ick!!  Even if they were wrapped in bacon they wouldn't be awesome...tisk-tisk..Where was I???  Oh, your bacon-wrapped deconstructed potato..bake in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes or so...I forget..I should know..but I do forget...my bad....

"So, Mama...do you know why the butcher was worried???  His job was at steak, silly!  hahahahahahahahaha...is that Simple Plan I hear?  Turn it up..."

Time to move along to our vegetable...carrots!!  Who doesn't love an orange root vegetable with a crisp, fresh texture???  Besides...we all need a little more beta-carotene in our diets..and I sense a joke there...I do...my nose is twitching...Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of pepper...we'll be roasting these little cylindrical shaped babies in a bit...

In the mean time...use your man hands..well, if you are so fortunate to possess such things...to make herb butter..for the steak...parsley, pepper, garlic and butter....I am rather certain there's a fancy-pants name for this...it escapes me at the moment and I haven't been able to find anything on The Google...so, we'll let it go for once..yup...just shake some more bootie...listen to Pierre sing something in French...you won't care about a thing..trust me on this...I've become quite the awesome air-guitar player, BTW...shhhh....

The star of the show...the fillet...generously salt and pepper both sides...

Proceed to cook in a skillet..again..in that Chuck Woolery fashion...two and two...I DID have pics of that process...you really did NOT want to see those..nope...trust me on this one..but this is how it appears once it is 'resting'.....

"So, Mama...do you know how cows subtract???  With a cow-culator!  hahahahahahaha...I continue to crack myself up...."

Fillet with herb butter, deconstructed baked potato and carrots...
FYI..much to my chagrin, not a meal which plates well...but it was quite tasty...I guess we can't have everything...I should be used to that by now anyway...

And you can see...it's almost still mooing..that's the BEST part...sorry, my vegetarian friends...I never could be one for this reason alone..although, I do love tofu...for the record, I do..and Lucky Strike has the best tofu in Portland, BTW...

I shall bid you adieu, my internet friends...so long, au revoir, ciao, adios, farewell...that's what we've got on a last minute Tuesday night...However, steak and potatoes is the fool-proof go-to meal...for fools on-the-go, like me..and those whom tend to have a proclivity for hyphens...it all works out!!  And I happen to be fool-like.. hahahahahaha...I'm kidding...maybe.... Like America...we're back..I have yet to determine in what capacity...but consider us to be back...yup...'nuff said...Never forget that gals in purple docs rock...bacon makes everything better....so does blowing stuff up..but I'm sure that's an entirely different website...It was only a kiss...I'll be there in a heartbeat...tell 'em...I can't stop these feelings melting through...This is Written-Off Penny..saying g'night and such...we're gonna crash like waves...but you can't get rid of us...we're like those cockroaches...the best-known pest species...and we don't just go away...like fruitcake...yup....I'll save that joke for tomorrow night...lucky you!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment