Sunday, October 23, 2011

Long Time....

It's been a long time......LOVE that song...thank YOU Cake...and I just love it when a good song comes on the radio....as I have completely digressed..I should officially introduce the newest member of the Brennan Posse...yeah, I am cool and such..I sooo, totally have a posse..shhhhh...contact me after the show if you are interested in becoming a member...a small fee may apply..there will be a little paperwork..however, in the end, it will be worth it!  hahahahaha...and teehee...

Ms. Smar T. Pants...AKA MYRA...The Mysterious and Young Robotic Ape..she is robotic...for reals!  She even has one of those wind up thingys on her back...totally robotic..and cool...and she has PINK TOENAILS!  Totally fits in with this posse!  Fo' sho', my friends...

I did take her over to 'The Wall..'  It was expected...she was anxious to check out the surroundings..  Everyone over there loved her..but, who wouldn't?!?!?!?!

She rocks!  Like um....lots and lots of things.....

She also has a special power...again, if you're going to be part of this super-hero posse, one must possess a power...mine is STILL a secret, BTW....and shall remain so..for quite some time...however...she can scooch...to the left, mind you...she's a Scoochie Mama...of sorts...and she was rather attracted to my pocket volcano...

I was unable to determine the attraction between the two..however, I did need to break things up...not in MY posse...not on MY watch...besides, we had an agenda...no time for nonsense and such....

 I ran errands this morning with E.V...as it was our destiny...that, perhaps, was a tad dramatic, we were out of things which did warrant a trip to the store...as far as destiny is concerned..hmm....I'll have to get back to you on that one...

"OMG, Mama...that is a BUS...Watch out for that bus!  Jeesh...Are you trying to kill us???!?!?!?!!?  Yikes!"

Luckily, we had just a few errands to run...then came home and made some cookies...Spooky Witch Fingers, to be precise...again, it is the weekend...we have to keep ourselves busy...keep our minds off of things...like, um...I know the answer...it is on the tip of my tongue...and I do know a thing or two about tips...hmmm...

Flour, powdered sugar, butter, baking powder, egg, vanilla, green food coloring...

Mix everything all together...Your fingers will more than likely become stained...by the food coloring...that's OK..No worries...Who does not love green fingers?!?!?!?

This mixture creates a dough in witch you make cookies in the shape of witch fingers...now, witch part of this do you not understand??? tisk-tisk...puns are fun...as I have ALWAYS professed..

Use the dough to make the shape of a finger, then place an almond on top...odd, yes....delicious, absolutely!

Bake them at 325 for approximately 20 minutes...

Once they have baked..remove the almond, add red gel food coloring and replace the almond..it is nuts..like me!  but it looks super cool...like me!!  hahahahahahaha...there you have it, Spooky Witch Fingers...

"So, Mama...do you know why witches wear name tags??? SO they know which witch is which..hahahahahahah...and can I get a tee-hee...???"

Aside from cookies, we made a carrot ginger soup as well as ginger-peanut chicken salad pitas...So, please, do not be a PITA and make a comment about the chicken...it was soooooo good...I loved it!  Not to mention, I got to use Bob, the blender, twice...hmmm...lucky for him, no???  Shall we commence with the soup...

Chicken stock, carrots, ginger, cream, butter and onions..

Saute onions...Le Creuset will not complain..it is righteous...from a dutch oven perspective, mind you...teehee...

Add carrots...and saute away...to infinity and beyond, one might say!!  hahahahaha...Then add your chicken stock and simmer..and while it simmers...shake a little bootie...Weezer was on the menu this evening...then Keep Fishin' on an Island in the Sun while living the Good Life with your Hash Pipe which could be a Perfect Situation, while eating Pork and Beans...I'll play a Pink Triangle in Beverly Hills..and I'll take your Photograph...since I am a Troublemaker...but, Why Bother...since I am Falling for You Across The Sea, as there is No Other One...El Scorcho!  Booo-yahhh..baby...Rivers, give me a call, yep!  Before I become Undone...and have to throw on a sweater...

I got so caught up in Rivers and Weezer songs..I have forgotten...where were we????  Oh, YES...SOUP....Add it to your blender, of the Bob variety...fo'sho'..my bad..excuse me...
Blending does a body good..it does..blending involves buttons...buttons do a body good, as well..yep...

Ms. Smar T. Pants wanted to introduce the soup....she is a sassy kinda gal and would roll no other way...

We should progress to our sandwich..well, it is a pita, not really a sandwich if you want to get techincal about the process....


Chicken, garlic, ginger, red pepper, cucumber, soy, lime juice, peanut better and lettuce and carrots (not pictured.....I forgot..oops...shhhh)

Chop up the cucumber, pepper, carrots and lettuce...be mindful of your fingers...you need all ten...you do..I think...I'm sure you do..and I'm sure I read about that on The Google at some point...

Saute and shred some chicken...No regrets...Nope...None..Nada...

After all of this nonsense...we need to make our peanut sauce..using a blender...hmmm...I am SOO excited!

Yay...My GIANT pencil...had the time to make an appearance...Isn't it just awesome??!?!?!!??!!?!?

"Mama...I don't appreciate this excess company....please remove this pencil...."

Alright...the peanut sauce..and the process involved in creating said sauce...

Sugar, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, pepper, garlic peanut butter and water..this was SOOOOO good...I loved it!  Mix it with the chicken...No regrets...

So I have discussed the soup and the sandwich..and I am sure I have been a PITA myself, tisk-tisk..Shall I introduce the pita sandwiches, the soup and then a combination of the two..(be sure and click on the photo for an up-close inspection...worth your while..yep, it is)

Ginger-Peanut Chicken Pitas

Ginger Carrot Soup
I topped with sour cream...carrot ribbons...ginger strands and some parsley...for garnish purposes, mind you...

Ginger Carrot Soup and Pitas...together, at last....

It's been a long time...Cake rocks......well, that song anyway..that may be just about it...But Rivers Cuomo...hmmm....And we do go against the grain in these here parts...witch doesn't surprise me...teee-heee...So...there is always broom for one more...I'm always on the look-out for a broom-mate...witch would be fabulous.....By the time on my witch watch...it is time for bed.....sweet dreams all, y'all...I've run out of points...on so many levels....hahahahahaha....hats, and pencils and such...SWAK...TTYL...

No comments:

Post a Comment