Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof Is On Fire...

Hurry...run from the building as fast as you can...I am cooking...setting of alarms and setting things on fire and such...hahahaha...I only did that the other Saturday night, and, for that, I still suffer...great Bloodhound Gang song, BTW...and for the record..I may have only slightly...and I emphasize the word slightly, singed... alright,  perhaps totally blackened, a dish towel...they do not, for the record, like being atop a hot burner..in case you were curious..oops...AND today was Craptastic....again, thank you for asking..a step below craptabulous...we can only hope tomorrow is better...Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking....hahahaha...

"Mama!  Look out!  You don't wanna hit that squirrel...on top of everything else!  That would make everything sadder..is that even a word..???"

We made our daily trip to The Fred Meyer...I found a toy..'cause we're fly like that...hahahahaha...

It's a bird..it's a plane.. the not quite super...airplane...It lights up and twirls...and looks like a big Tylenol...soon you will see...be patient, my friends!

"Surely, you can't be serious, Mama...tisk-tisk"

Well, Eves...I am serious..and don't call me Shirley...sorry..I could NOT resist..Now, excuse me, I have a plane to land...and dinner to prepare and things of that nature...shhh..where shall we begin...hmmmmm...the components..that seems to be the best course...

Potato, carrot, cream, flour, garlic, shallot, butter, horseradish, chicken stock and steak...now these are the ingredients for the entire meal, so please, do not be overwhelmed...a gal like myself would never do that to ya!  fo'sho'

We began by preparing a carrot puree...I just HAD to use Bob....my blender..it was necessary, and right..AND you can cook with my new cool airplane toy..it serves as a ventilation device as well, so all is good..AND you also save on electricity...always thinking...that's me!

Foundation of carrot puree:  carrots, shallots, cream, butter, chicken stock and garlic..simmer for a bit...the longer the better...win-win, because you can shake a little bootie while it simmers...and no one will ever know..just close your blinds...shhhh...I won't tell...I promise!  See!  The airplane lights up and acts as a fan!  It multi-tasks, one might even say...

Now that things have had time to simmer...it is time to whip out your brand new awesome blender...again, excitement never ceases to exist over here on the west side...it's a wonder I never, ever sleep!  For reals!

Bob, with my new toy...Again, I have contemplated what it would look like for the airplane to be blended..much like the Pez...well, that, and a tube of toothpaste or a light bulb or a pen...this new blender provides for a plethora of ideas, and I would be willing to bet, would allow for some gigantic explosions..

Getting back to the practical purposes of a blender...we did blend the mixture...and it was super-tasty...like chainsaw jugglers even!

Looking down the barrel...Orange ya glad I made puree..???  I tisk-tisk...pretty, though...

"Aw...Mama..I love carrot puree...you're so fancy....What's the dealio, sistah!!!"

Potato-carrot rosti was on the agenda...it's healthy to have an agenda..it keeps one in check...and out of jail..again, I speak from experience...

You can use your grater...graters are great as I have already professed..sorry...couldn't help myself...potato, carrot, flour, garlic, horseradish, pepper and parsley...mix it all up..have no fear...get your hands dirty...you have soap...use it!  hahahahaha

Brown the cakes and finish in the oven...I did use my, ummm...yeah...skillet of justice!  shhhhhh....  Those photos didn't turn out..I know...I could cry, too...where are those tissues!!!????

Potato-carrot Rosti in the final stage...

"Mama...I'm soo sad...I miss those walks with our super-cool neighbor..he's a great guy..wake me up when he is available.."

I prepared a steak and crispy shallots to accompany the rest of the crew..crispy shallots rock..like knee socks..and Darren Chriss..and Green Day..and chainsaw jugglers..but they are ick to make..stink up the entire building..

Not quite heart-stopping..nor will it make your heart race..delicious, nonetheless, however, my teenage dream would be...hmmm...I'll stop.  I keep things PG around these here parts...teehee...

Now, I did have a photo of the steak searing....Chuck Woolery style...two and two...but it was not blog-worthy..again....I am certain you still struggle to find these standards to which I reference, but they do exist..hence, no photo...shall we move along to my spinach..which is green...green is great..like...um, what starts with green and ends with day...and what starts with chainsaw and ends with juggler...???? conundrum of the century, my friends!

I made sure it was wilted..I didn't want to..but it was necessary..Maybe, kinda, sorta like someone's knees in the presence of someone who performs acts of a dangerous nature...

"Excuse me, Mama, but I speak jive...hahahahahah...just sayin'  tisk-tisk"

We finally ate...Yep.  I know...It's a total zoo over here...we love, love, love to push the envelope...and it shows...hahahahahaha...

I layered the potato rosti...with carrot puree in between and topped the steak with the fried shallots...they sat alongside the wilted spinach..again..we are WAY out there and would roll no other way..hahahhaah..not really..we're pretty average...

Well, here's to a craptastic Tuesday!  Go buy a candy airplane..make some food...wilt some spinach...be sure and throw random items into a blender...the results are spectacular..dishwashers can clean up anything...painful puffy foot and I are off to bed...broken things in tow, no doubt...push the envelope...have a nice evening...we shall return...yep....sorry...we're like those cockroaches!  hahahahhaa..

No comments:

Post a Comment