Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Misunderstanding at 'The Wall'

E.V. and I had heaps going on today...she was able to go up to the house and hang out with Jeff while I drove to the ER to have my head foot examined...tisk-tisk...I arrived at the hospital and there was nowhere to park..the parking structure was filled and I typically have terrible experiences with these concrete monstrosities..I decided to just go to The Fred Meyer and buy a blender..it was the right thing to do.

"I concur, Mama...So do you know how to make a dog drink...???  Put 'em in a blender!  hahahahahahaha!"

While I was shopping for my new blender...which is pretty exceptional and electrifying...like chainsaw jugglers...shhh...I found a little something else...I was unable to resist the temptation and just had to make this purchase..I blame ginormous puffy foot...she insisted...and I have zero regrets...well, I do, but for other reasons which I will address shortly....little finger clap, please...it requires very little energy...I know you can do it!  'Wood' you like to see our new addition...??  Allow me to introduce...

Woody!!!  Woody Rocks and he loves my highly durable and awesome coffee table...

Yes...a Pez....I couldn't resist...he loves it here!  And he made himself right at home...

He bonded instantly with my pocket volcano...they had much to discuss...they are both handy gadgets...and have oodles in common...

Oh, Woody...you're just sooo cute!  Exactly like chainsaw jugglers and Darren Chriss and Billie Joe...and charming, too...he was putting the moves on E.V...I had my fingers crossed that Waldo wouldn't show up...It could have gotten ugly...that Waldo gets so jealous!

However, as you can see...they were a little too close for comfort...I had to step in...with my good foot, of course...hahahahahaha...

I decided to introduce Woody to my friends at the wall....this was a critical mistake...rather considerable in nature...unbeknownst to me...it would be the last time I would see my beloved Woody...it was something unpredictable and hopefully in the end will be right...I hope he had the time of his life...in my apartment...

Good Riddance, my sweet Woody....enjoy your new home...another turning point...it's not a question, but a lesson learned in time...

I was not ready to lose my precious Woody...my personal mechanical pocket candy dispenser...it turned out to be an incredibly unfortunate misunderstanding..While at the wall...I turned to Gayle....I asked her if she 'wood' like a Pez from my Woody ...she said, "Why sure!  Thank you!" ....didn't get the joke and then proceeded to take my entire Woody Pez dispenser...she thought I was giving her Woody...not just a piece of candy...I was speechless...but too afraid to ask her to give him back to me...it was just too awkward..so Woody is gone...adios, Woody!  I had big plans for the both of us this evening...it is Saturday night after all...so I played around with my super-cool powerful wand...one that is identical to that of a chainsaw juggler..

Perhaps we should focus on my new blender!  On a side note, you will get to see Woody in some of these shots...I didn't lose Woody until later in the evening..still, it saddens me...we didn't have enough time...we had so many things to do together!

Meet Bob, the Blender...he spent 15 years getting loaded and 15 years til his liver exploded.....hahahahahaha... Will he ever walk the line..???  Great NOFX song! Oi Oi Oi!

I immediately felt compelled to start blending things..and was going to make a milkshake tonight...but...that plan fizzled...however I did blend stuff...expect to see Bob quite a bit over the next few days...to mix, puree, emulsify...why...???  because we live on the edge over here on the west side..hahahahahaha...nah, not really....we don't have much else going on actually...and now that Woody is with Gayle...BTW..I do have two packs of pez candy if anyone has a dispenser in need of candy...it doesn't taste the same if you don't eat it from one of those dispensers...it just doesn't...

"Um, Mama...did you know that knitting is knotty..??? Winkety-wink!hahahahahahahahaha"

Alright...alright...shall we move along to my hummus...it was my inagural selection for Bob...put him to the test, so to speak...see if he can mix...it's tricky!  An integral part of the hummus is the vinaigrette...


Olive oil, pepper, sugar, oregano, garlic and lemon juice...

Mince...chop...unite...shake bootie..that's how you make a vinaigrette...oh, that, and play around with your wand...no flames in this process...so no worries...and you won't singe any ribbons...win-win!

Open a can of garbanzo beans...rinse...add 1 cup of beans and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette...and let your handy-dandy new awesome Bob do the rest of the work...

Here we are peering down into the blender...during the blending stage...edgy..hahahaha..nah, just a different angle like a parallelogram..



The Final Hummus...Hummus rocks...like knee socks...and chainsaw jugglers and Woody the Pez...and magical wands...
and Poprocks and Coke..

To complement this attractive combination....I made pork kabobs and a salad...and purchased these delicious sesame seed and olive oil tortas..I couldn't find any naan...boo and hiss...as naan was my first choice....oh, well...sometimes you have just got to extemporize...it is the right thing...well, that and chair dancing with a wand...what's the deal-io!

Romaine lettuce, English cucumber, kalamata olives, herbed feta cheese and the vinagrette made earlier in this post...feel free to scroll up if you have forgotten...I have...teehee...

I toasted some pine nuts for the hummus...toasted pine nuts=delectable...for reals!

Toasty...Toastier...Toastiest...like toast...preferably with peanut butter...

I marinated the cubed pork for an hour or two...probably more like three..I lost track of time...scandalous, I know!  I never lose track of ANYTHING! tisk-tisk...WIP, people...WIP....

Olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper and paprika...

I skewered them onto oregano stems...Jeff was kind enough to give me some fresh oregano from the house...it was beautiful...and smelled heavenly....much like those that juggle chainsaws....

These were broiled for a bit on each side...until done...

Now...I was moderately displeased with the plating...again..I am still trying to find a solution to my lighting situation...but I liked the food...especially the tortas...which were not photographed...but with the hummus...ummmm...

Drizzle your hummus with olive oil, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, a few garbanzo beans and paprika...ZERO regrets...

Well, my friends...that was our day in a nutshell...from a couple of nuts over on the west side of town....hahahahaha...I thank Bob the Blender for a stellar performance in the kitchen today....I may just have to buy him some red suspenders...I miss you already, Woody...I hope Gayle treats you well...I'll meet you on 'The Wall' if things aren't working out...and I'll bring my pocket volcano!  Don't forget that knitting is knotty and hummus and chainsaw jugglers rock...like a certain individual whom attends the Dalton Academy...hahahahaha...go make hummus...buy a Pez...just don't offer to share...teehee..We're off...off to see the wizard....

No comments:

Post a Comment